This is a great example of why I'm a fan of the videos CrossFit can potentially make. I'll link a couple of others at the end of this from several years ago that initially sparked my interest in these little productions. The hope here is that people see it as empowering and inspirational, as it was to me when I first watched all of these.
These next ones are also very much focused on gender and how women can (and need to) empower each other and see beauty in our strengths, no matter what they are. My original idea for a capstone was based off of these videos when I first watched them about two years ago. I wanted to make a short documentary on the women of CrossFit, and even though that's been done to some extent in these shorter videos that CrossFit has made, I think there is still plenty to be explored considering the subject of any gender issues in fitness, in general, as well as a lot of individual stories that are super interesting to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment