I'm really excited to get started on filming this.
I spoke with a member of CrossFit Dixie last week, Jana, one of the people recommended to me to do a profile video on. She talked to me about her daughter, Hanna, and how Hanna has downs syndrome, and how it's affected their family, but mostly how CrossFit has had huge effect on Hanna and her life.
Hanna goes to the teen CrossFit classes several times a week and loves it. I want to tell her and her family's story about how anyone can be a CrossFitter, no matter their physical disabilities, and how activity like this can be potentially strengthening in more ways than one.
I'm sorting out my schedule now to decide on shooting dates for interviews with the family, Hanna, and the different coaches who have had the pleasure of working with her in classes at the gym. I think I'll start out easy, by just going to her classes and shooting candid footage of her at class, and also go hang out with her family to see how they all interact together. Both Jana and her husband have been avid CrossFitters for about 4 years now, so I'd also like to get a few simple shots of them working out. Depending on when I can get cameras for that, I can probably start with those less scripted shots next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment